Monday 22 August 2011

Back to School Special: Complete Makeup Bag for £20

I'm really excited to share this with you guys. To start my back to school series I have researched and created a complete makeup bag for under £20. This is great for anyone who is about to start a school where you can wear makeup, or someone who just got into makeup, or even someone who just wants to refresh their look for the new school year. I haven't owned everything on this list yet but I have checked reviews and opinions of everything on this list. If you're interested, just keep reading.

1.) Concealer


For the concealer I have chosen Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection concealer, as this is my personal favourite. It's highly spoken of in the blogging and YouTube community and lives up to its good reviews. It is actually the most pricey thing in this bag and its RRP is £4.19.



2.) Foundation/ Tinted Moisturiser


For this I have chosen the Natural Collection tinted moisturiser which is available at Boots. I also own this and it is a staple in my makeup bag. The pigmentation on this is pretty good for a tinted moisturiser and will even out most discolouration etc. It works pretty well for me and I have dry skin and a bit of rosacea on my cheeks. It is so much lighter than foundation and it doesn't look cakey or heavy. This is priced at £1.95.


3.) Eye Primer


This is included in the bag because eyeshadow doesn't really last a full school day without it. The primer that I've chosen is the E.L.F. Eyelid Primer from the £1.50 range. I find that it its just as good as the mineral one for half the price.


4.) Eyeshadow Base


Cream eyeshadows work amazingly well as eyeshadow bases and often enhance the pigmentation of poor quality shadows. With a limited budget, this can make your eyeshadow looks alot more high end looking. For this I suggest E.L.F. Duo Eyeshadow Cream from the £1.50 range. The colour duo I suggest is Coffee and Cream as it has a white shade that can make all colours pop, plus a brown for deepening up the outer corner and crease in neutral looks.


5.) Eyeshadow


For the best value, I suggest buying an eyeshadow palette as you get more shades for a small increase in price. The two I'd suggest are the MUA Pro Palettes and the Beauty UK Eyeshadow Palettes. They are both the exact same price which is why I have suggested two. The neutral palettes (BUK No. 4 & MUA Heaven and Earth) are the most suitable for school but obviously it's your choice. I personally prefer the Beauty UK one as there are smoky shades, olives and browns whereas the MUA one has just browns.


6.) Mascara


MUA Mascara is £1. It may not be the best mascara but that is an extra that you may chose to pay a little more for.


7.) Blush


The MUA blushes are pigmented and there is one to suit most skintones.


8.) Bronzer


The MUA bronzers are a little bit on the orange side, so I decided that the E.L.F. ones for £1.50 is fifty pence extra well spent and is within budget.


9.) Powder


The MUA ones seem okay, although there isn't much of a shade range.


10.) Lipstick


Once again, the MUA ones are fantastic value for money.


11.) Lip Gloss


There are two kinds of lipgloss by MUA to choose from, plus the pigmentation is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment